Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Vain Repetition?

I often am frustrated at those who condemn Catholics for the rosary saying that it is "vain repetition."
Even as a Protestant Christian the repetition of worship choruses and praise sessions often struck me as repetitious.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And in the gospels, while he was in the garden it says "and praying for the third time". So either Jesus was disobeying his own words or it doesn't mean what they think it means.

Brad

January 24, 2016 7:19 AM  
Blogger imperfectsaint said...

It's so simple. What Jesus meant was that believing that repetition alone will make your prayer more effective is wrong. If you truly pray sincerely from the heart each time, then it's fine even if you repeat a million times.

Russ, I enjoyed watching you and Deborah telling your stories to Marcus Grodi on EWTN. I am an old convert many decades ago, now enjoying living the exciting Catholic life more than ever. I am also on blogger.com: journeyofimperfectsaint.blogspot.com.

God bless you abundantly.

July 28, 2016 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis