Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, November 05, 2012

The Church Will Survive the 2012 Election

Every election you hear, "This is the most important election of a lifetime." I almost believe it myself sometimes. Yes, there is a potential for the next president to choose three new Supreme Court justices and that can have a significant impact on the right to life for the unborn in this country. If President Obama wins and the HHS Mandate is enforced, the nation will lose 30 percent of its health care providers (Catholic hospitals)and many physicians will have to stop practicing if we are forced to violate our consciences.
     But if Governor Romney wins (and I pray he does), will he save the day for the Christians who desire to follow their consciences? Will the religious freedoms promised by our constitution be respected and upheld? Will there be a higher likelihood that the unborn at the beginning of life and the frail elderly at the end of theirs will be protected? We can only hope.
     But at the end of this day, regardless of the outcome, kingdoms have risen and fallen and elections have come and gone. But the faith goes on. The Church remains after 2000 years and the faith continues to be passed on and change the lives of those who are open to His calling. The Church will survive this election. It always has, it always will.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maryellen said...

snmily 15Well said. I'm happy for all of us that the Lord restored you to the church. You are a shining example

November 06, 2012 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Owen said...

I plugged this post on my FB and my G+ last night and on Happy Catholic today. Like you Russ, it's a gem

November 07, 2012 3:13 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Owen!

November 07, 2012 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis