Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

FaceBook Evangelism

There are many anti-Catholic facebook pages I have discovered. One in particular is called "Catholics Are Not Christians." It is run by a small group of protestants who have learned everything they need to know about Catholicism from Jack Chick comic books (seriously)
As a little project last Saturday I started a new facebook group called "Catholics Are Christians." In just 4 days we have almost 1000 new members join the group and have had numerous discussions and opportunities to witness to our Catholic faith. Thank God for the many opportunities he gives us to witness through the new social media including Twitter.
I still think of St. Francis De Sales though. Even without a Blackberry or an iPhone, or broadband access, he won 60,000 Calvinists back to the Church in the 17th century. His method was preaching and hand writing tracts and slipping them under the door of ex-Catholics.
I like to think of these internet efforts as "slipping a little tract" under the proverbial "doors" of those who may be open to the Spirit in bringing them home to the Catholic Church. You can't know until you try.
St Francis Desales pray for us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Joined!

May 05, 2010 12:44 AM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

Hey don't forget Boettner's book. I had to get my own copy in order to teach RCIA.

May 05, 2010 9:07 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

LOL!

May 06, 2010 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis