Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jewish Professor at Amherst Crosses the Tiber

Hadley Arkes, a professor of jurisprudence at Amherst College came into the Catholic Church on Sunday. You can read his story here. He wrote the Born-Alive Infant Protection Act of 2002 that was passed unanimously by the house and senate.

Welcome Home Dr. Arkes!

3 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

I've read plenty his stuff over the years....I thought he was already Catholic!

April 27, 2010 10:30 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

From what I have read about him, everyone else thought so too!

As an aside, this blog has been criticized for "parading out" the new converts and their stories but I still can't get over how the Holy Spirit reaches hearts through the Catholic Church.

Despite the fact that Catholicism is often accused of being an ancient, superstitious religion of ignorant people, we continue to see the brightest intellectual minds of every century drawn to it.
But it is still readily accessible to the not so bright too!

April 28, 2010 8:46 AM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

Well, it is no accident (as Lenin would say) that the Catholic Church has the biggest worldview, and the Greatest Unified Theory of Everything. It's no wonder that inquisitive souls find her.

April 28, 2010 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis